It’s time to say a big NO to deep-fried fritters , Pakoda’s / bhajiya’s . These
Baked mixed vegetable bhajiya’s are inspired by Sonal Gupta’s baked koftas . Just 1 table-spoon of oil and 10 to 12 mins in the oven and these awesome guilt free & healthy bhaijiya’s are ready .
You can find Sonal’s baked kofta’s recipe HERE
Preparation Time : 10 mins
Baking Time : Approximately 18 mins
Oven Temp: 500 Degrees F OR 250 Degrees C
Gram Flour / Besan 1 cup
Baking Powder 1/2 Tsp
Soda bi carb / baking soda 1/2 tsp
Salt To Taste
Turmeric 1/4 Tsp ( optional )
Red Chili 1 Tsp or as per taste
Lemon juice 1Tbs ( you can even use amchure powder )
Coriander / Dhania Powder 2Tsp
Cooking oil 1 tbs
Vegetables of your choice
I used :
Diced Potato 1 medium
Chopped Onion 1 medium
Spinach 1/2 cup
Garlic 4 small cloves (Optional)
Ginger 1 inch chopped fine (optional)
Green Chilies 2 chopped fine
Fresh cilantro 1/4 cup .
YOU can even add cauliflower , carrots or any other vegetable of your choice
1.Make sure to cut all the vegetables in small even size pieces so that they can bake evenly together .
2. In a separate Bowl, take gram flour & mix Baking powder & all dry ingredients ( Salt, Turmeric, Red Chili, Amchur, coriander Powder, add water to make paste. The paste should be thick and not watery .
3. Add all vegetables in the paste and mix well.
4. Preheat oven at 500 * F OR 250 * C for minimum of 10 mins . ( this is an important step )
5. Now Take a baking tray and put butter paper on it OR grease the baking tray with oil. ( i prefer greasing the tray better )
6. Take 1 table-spoon of batter and put on the greased tray. Make sure to keep some space between the bhajiyas as they will expand a little while baking.
7. Bake them for round 8 minutes in the preheated oven .
8. Check if the bottom is done & golden than Flip them . Now drizzle 1 tbsp oil on flipped pakoras coating them well and Bake pakoras for another 5 to 10 minutes or until done .