Ganpati Bappa Morya …Wish you a Happy and a Blessed Ganesh Chaturthi !!!
Ganesha Chaturthi is the Hindu festival celebrated in honour of the god Ganesha, the elephant-headed, remover of obstacles and the god of beginnings and wisdom.
Ganesh Chaturthi is celebrated with great devotion all over India. People bring home Idols of Lord Ganesha and celebrate the festival by worshiping the Lord in a special way for a day and a half, 5 days, 7 days or 11 days depending on the family tradition and commitment of each individual.
On the last day of worship the idol is taken out in a colourful and musical procession to be immersed in water .
The festival involves installing clay images of Ganesha , which are worshipped with different variety of herbal leaves, plants and immersed at the end of the festival in a water ( lakes , river ) along with the Idol. The whole community comes to worship Ganesha in beautifully done tents.
It is believed that Ganesha bestows his presence on earth for all his devotees during this festival.
Today I bring to you Coconut ladoo especially prepared for our Foodie God Ganesha ….
1 can sweetened condensed milk 14 OZ
4 Cups desiccated coconut + 1/2 cup for rolling the ladoos ( optional , I did not roll them )
Handful of finely chopped almonds ( I used whole Almonds )
1/2 tsp of pure ghee / clarified butter
1. Heat ghee in a pan and add chopped almonds to it and roast them. Strain and keep aside.
2. Take desiccated coconut in the same pan and roast till it turns a little pink.
3. Now, add the condensed milk and mix well. Let the mixture cook on low flame till the mixture becomes thick and starts sticking to the spatula.
4. Add roasted almonds and mix well. Let the mixture cool down.
5. Now make same sized balls (laddoos / modaks) with this mixture and roll it in remaining desiccated coconut.
You can store them in an air-tight container and they stay good for 4-5 days when refrigerated. Just take them out of the refrigerator 5-10 minutes before serving.
May the blessings of Sri Ganesha be upon you all !!!