I first came across this cheesy Pull Apart bread on Pinterest last year and wanted to give it a try since then ..
This Bread is very buttery and cheesy with pull-apart pieces pwhich is full of fresh herb , onion and spicy flavors.
The best bread to use for this is dense type of bread( my favorite is Sour dough bread ) but it works well with plain crusty loaves as well.
Dense bread tends to hold together better when you pull bits off.
1 crusty bread Loaf , around 450 grams
1 cup shredded Mozzarella or any melting cheese
100 gram butter, melted
1/4 cup chopped onion
2 tbs finely chopped Jalapeño or any other chili pepper
⅜ tsp salt
2 tbsp finely chopped Coriander / Cilantro leavea
Pre heat the Oven at 180*C OR 375* F
1.Cut the bread lengthwise and widthwise, but DO NOT cut through the bottom crust. Make sure your knife is really sharp, cutting the bread is the hardest part.
2. Place cut loaf on a foil-lined baking sheet.
3. Combine melted butter with onion , coriander leaves and green chilies
4. Use your fingers or a knife to pry open each crack and drizzle in a teaspoon of butter and stuff in cheese. it’s nice to have some of the butter drizzled over the crust.
5. Wrap with foil and bake for 15 minutes until the cheese has mostly melted, then unwrap and bake for 5 minutes more to make the bread nice and crusty
1. You can also add any ingredients of your choice like mushrooms, bell peppers, chicken , garlic etc…
2. To make ahead, after wrapping with foil, wrap with cling wrap as well. Store in fridge overnight or freeze to store for longer. To cook, thaw then follow recipe instructions to bake.
3. The denser the bread, the better the pieces will hold together when pulled .