Tandoori Gobi / Gobi Tikka Masala
My family loves eating cauliflower and the never seem to have enough of it , that is the reason I am always on a look out for new recipes around gobi … This Tandoori Gobi Tikka is a super simple and yet super delicious variation & can also be described as Succulent pieces of cauliflower marinated in tandoori spices.
You can use the same marination for any vegetable as well as non veg of your choice like like Potatoes , paneer , mushroom , chicken etc. to tickle your taste buds ….
Preparation Time: 15 mins
Marination time 30 mins
Cooking Time: 15 – 20 mins
Makes 4 servings
1 medium Cauliflower cut into medium pieces ( around 4 cups )
1/4 tsp turmeric powder
Water for blanching cauliflower
Oil for basting the cauliflower
For the Marinade
1/4 cup Gram flour / besan
1/4 cup yogurt
2 tsp Kasoori methi / dried fenugreek leaves optional
1 tsp Garlic paste
2 tsp Ginger paste
1 tsp red chilli powder
1 tbs tandoori masala
1 tspGaram masala powder
2 tbs Lemon juice
1 tbs oil
Salt as per taste
Lemon wedges and finely chopped cilantro for garnishing ..
1. Boil five cups of water with 1/4 tsp turmeric powder in a large deep pan. When water starts boiling add cauliflowers in it.
2. Boil the florets f or five minutes. Drain and run under running water to stop the cooking .
3. In a large bowl add the blanched Cauliflower along with all the ingredients mentioned under marinade and marinade for minimum 30 mins ..
4. Pre-heat the oven to 180°C.-200 *C / 360- 400 *F
5. Bake the cauliflowers in the preheated oven basting at least once in between . Cook till done ..
Serve tandoori cauliflower garnished with lemon wedges and chopped coriander/ cilantro leaves.
Serve these with toothpicks as Starters or with Rotis / Puris / Parathas to make a quick working lunch.
“Cooking is like love: It should be entered into with abandon or not at all.” — Harriet van Horne