Chocolate Cherry Bundt Cake …..
I just cannot believe I have been blogging for last 2 yrs . Two years ago today I posted my first blog post. It was scary and exciting and honestly I had no idea what would come of it..
I think the biggest lesson I learned from this experience is that you can get better at anything. I’m a much better at taking pictures and a writer now than I was 2 years back but still have a lot of room to grow. I can’t thank my friends and readers enough for their support. I really appreciate each and every reader and their comments and encouragement helps me keep blogging.
What better way for a chocoholic like me but to celebrate with a exquisite rich chocolate cherry bundt cake complete with rich chocolate glaze
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
3/4 cup pure cocoa
1 1/4 cups white sugar
1/2 cup unsalted butter ,melted
1 cup milk
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 (21 ounce) can cherry pie filling
1. Preheat the oven at 350*F
2. In a large mixing bowl whisk together flour, baking soda, salt, cocoa and sugar. Mix well with whisk.
3. Add eggs, melted butter, milk, vanilla extract and cherry pie filling mixing well each time with a spoon.
4. Pour into a well sprayed bundt pan or any pan of your choice
5. Bake in preheated oven for 55 to 60 minutes until center is cooked.
6. Let cake cool before taking it out from the pan.
FOR THE CHOCOLATE GLAZE
3/4 cup white sugar
1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
3 tablespoons butter
1/2 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Combine sugar, cream and butter in pan on top of stove.
- Bring to boil and cook for a minute.
- Remove from heat and add vanilla and chocolate chips.
- Stir with spoon or whisk until chips are melted.
- Put this glaze in a small pitcher and drizzle over bundt cake
- Decorate with a few cut up cherries on top ( optional )
- If frosting becomes too thick add a little milk and heat about 15 seconds in microwave.
You can even use market bought chocolate cake mix along with a can of cherry pie filling to make the bundt cake , just follow the instruction in the back . Once the cake cools down glaze the cake …
“Cooking is like love: It should be entered into with abandon or not at all.” — Harriet van Horne