Tapioca or Yuca – 1 -2
Rock salt , Salt – To taste
Enough water for boing the yuka
Green chilies 2 finely chopped
Black pepper powder OR Chilly Powder to taste
Cumin seeds – 1/4 tsp
Oil – 1 tsp
Lemon Juice – 1 tbs
Salt to be used while boiling the Yuca
To boil the Yuca , Place the yucca in a large pot. Cover with cold water. Add the salt and bring to boil over high heat. Lower heat to medium and cook covered until it feels tender when pierced with a fork but still keeps its shape, about 30 minutes. Be careful not to overcook because yucca can turn into a gooey paste.
1. Remove the skin and clean the Yuca properly.
2. Cut it into medium sized pieces
3. Boil the Yuca pieces along with some salt.
4. When the yuca is cooked, it will become soft. Drain the water.
5. Now cut the yuca into bite size pieces
6. In a pan add oil and once hot enough , add cumin seeds . When they begin to splutter, add green chillies. Now add the cooked Yuca pieces .
7. Mix all the ingredients well and top it up with some lemon juice.
8. Cook it for another 3-4 minutes on low flame.Lastly garnish with fresh Cilantro and serve hot .