Mexican Tortilla Pinwheels..
Pinwheels are versatile,easy to prepare and perfect for parties ,cook outs and big gatherings and can be prepared ahead of time ..
One of the great things about these pinwheels are that they are loved equally by kids as well as adults and easy to put together and can be made ahead of time for lunch boxes as well as For get to gather with friends & family .Regardless of how you serve these Mexican tortilla pinwheels, they’re sure to be a crowd pleaser….
I used extra-large spinach as well as whole tortillas to prepare these Mexican tortilla pinwheels along with A medley of diced green chiles, black beans some Mexican cheese blend and chopped black olives and a spicy creamy mixture and rolled up into bite-sized pinwheels.
Taking these pinwheels to Sonal’s lunch box collective .. Do check her blog at http://simplyvegetarian777.com
4 oz Or 1/4 pack cream cheese @room temperature
1/4 cup sour cream
1/4 cup canned black beans ( drained and rinsed )
1/4 cup salsa of your choice
1/2 cup any shredded cheese ( i used Mexican blend )
1/4 cup chopped ripe olives ( I used canned )
1 Jalapeño pepper diced ( optional )
1/4 tsp cumin powder .
A pinch of garlic powder ( optional )
Dash if salt ( If needed )
4 extra large tortillas
1. In a small bowl, beat cream cheese & sour cream together until blended .
2. Now add all the other ingredients and mix well ..
3. Divide the mix into 4 equal parts & spread evenly on each tortilla .
4. Roll the tortilla with filling wrap in plastic. Refrigerate for 2 hours or overnight .
5. Cut into 1 inch rolls and serve …
1. Please do not overfill the roll ups as to much filling create pockets of air in the roll ups and they don’t hold their shape.
2. These rolls are much easier to cut once they are properly chilled ..
“Cooking is like love: It should be entered into with abandon or not at all.” — Harriet van Horne