Oil Free Cooking Has suddenly becomes very popular due to an increase in diabetics, high level of cholesterol and cardiac… so for all the health fanatics, weight watchers or people trying to control their cholesterol this low fat Egg Curry masala with absolutely NO OIL is a winner on your table.
This recipe is part of recipes with a cause for Diabetes Friendly Thursday.
I am a proud DFT blogger. To learn about DFT, click on the picture above …
To view more DFT recipes, Click here!
Binge with DFT this time in OIL FREE Madness!
Egg are very versatile cooking ingredient and is widely consumed by people who do not eat meat .
Delicious and quick this curry can be ready in 25 minutes. I call it easiest Oil Free Egg curry Ever….
Serves : 2 without Egg yolk OR 4 with the yolk ..
Cook time : 20 – 30 mins
Preparation time : 10 mins
4 Hard Boiled Eggs , yolk removed after boiling
1 tsp cumin seeds
Plain Yogurt 2TBS ( i used thick non fat yogurt )
1TBS ginger garlic paste
1/2 cup tomato puree
1/2 cup grated onions
1tsp red chili powder or to taste
1 tsp coriander powder
1/2 tsp turmeric powder
Salt as per taste
1 tbs dry kastoori methi (optional)
1 tsp garam masala powder
Fresh Cilantro / coriander leaves for garnishing
NOTE : I pureed onion and tomatoes together in a grinder …
1. Heat hard anodized or non stick pan on medium heat .
2. Once the pan is hot add cumin seeds and let them sputter .
3. Now add pureed tomatoes, onions and ginger garlic paste & reduced till it became a thick paste ….
4. Now add red chili powder , coriander powder , turmeric powder , and dry kastoori methi ( if using) and sauté till all the masalas are mixed together .
5. Mix in yogurt making sure that it does not cuddle .
6. Turn the heat on high and cook for 3-4 minutes , stirring continuously.. Add garam masala powder too if using ..
7. Add salt as per taste .
8. If you find the gravy too thick then water can be added at this stage
9. Turn of the heat and add boiled eggs to the gravy ..
10. Garnish with fresh Cilantro and serve hot with Chapatis ..
1. It is beneficial to remove the egg yolk as it has high fat content..
You can even replace eggs with paneer , tofu , mushrooms or any vegetables of your choice ..
Incorporating Eggs into Your Diet
The best option in terms of limiting your fat intake is to use egg whites instead of whole eggs. You can also boil whole eggs and remove the yolk after cooking. If you occasionally want to include whole eggs in your diet, eat small eggs. Use a hard anodized or nonstick pan to avoid adding fat to the dish.
When you include eggs in your daily meal plan, limit the cholesterol and saturated fats in other foods you eat throughout day to make sure you do not consume excess amounts of these fats. Regular exercise also helps keep your blood fat levels balanced. If your doctor prescribes cholesterol-lowering medication, be sure to take your prescription as directed. Keeping your blood fat levels within a healthy range reduces your risk of heart disease and stroke.
For more oil free tips and techniques CLICK HERE
I am not a nutritionist or dietician. My knowledge and information is based on my research and reading from different resources. Please consult your doctor or dietician before making any changes to your diet.
FOR MORE DIABETES FRIENDLY RECIPES , CLICK ON THE PICTURES BELOW …